Have you lost faith in tech-companies to make this world a better place? Let’s be honest, all these tech companies have made our lives easier but all this convenience has also brought crazy levels of stress, low self-esteem, polarization and other mental, physical and social issues. Should our lives be running by an algorithm created with the only goal of fighting for our attention and increasing profits?
At Bagby, we believe there is a more HUMAN way to overcome the current overwhelming technology and digital dependency (Digital Wellness With a Human Soul).
We want to solve the problem by creating beautifully crafted and digital-free solutions (no more apps) that help us disconnect from our devices. Our solutions are reminders that real connections start the moment we put our smartphones away and we proudly celebrate that.
Our mission is to decrease people's screen time while increasing their HUMAN time.
We’re a mission-driven company, inspired every day by the impact we make in people's lives as we help them improve their relationship with their digital devices.
We are growing quickly and updating our brand direction so we are looking for the right people to enjoy this journey with us.
We are looking for an Ecommerce Operations Specialist to manage and execute our organization’s key branded assets and build processes that help our business grow. You will work hand in hand with the founding team and will be influential in shaping our business strategy and ensuring we have the most effective operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing our stores on Shopify, Etsy and other marketplaces and dropshipping partners (Faire, QVC, etc.).
- Leading our human customer service inquiries via Zendesk and maintaining our current 4.7-stars reviews average.
- Helping with the logistic efforts until we find a new logistic partner.
- Managing and growing our current Digital Detox Heroes community and Collaborator Program by engaging with targeted influencers and recruiting new affiliates.
- Running monthly report to monitor and reach targets and KPIs.
- Support and help the creative team with content review, feedback and brainstorming sessions.
- Continually developing personal and professional skills, staying on top of emerging trends and industry best practices.
- Whilst not core to the role, you may also have the skills / potential to manage any of our custom branding projects for other organizations.
Tools to be used:
Shopify, Etsy, Canva, Zendesk, Stamped, Shopify Collabs, Optimonk, PageFly, Rollo.
- $40k - $45k per annum salary (depending on level of experience)
- Additional bonus (performance, company profit share, custom projects).
- 2% Retirement match (SEP IRA)
- 80% remote: we are a fully- remote organization but this role entails some temporary help on fulfillment tasks and others in Raleigh.
- Flexible working.
- Unlimited paid leave.
- Half day Fridays (Laptops, phones shut down by 1pm)
- International growing team.
- Work hand in hand with the founding team.
- Working on a “real” environment where your decisions and actions can make an impact. This is not corporate America.
- Be part of a human-first cause and make a positive impact in our tech-driven society.
We’re accepting applications and interviewing for this position throughout February and first week of March 2023. Ideally, the ideal person would be able to start in March 2023. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Bagby is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do terrific work and be proud of what you’re working on.
CAREER PATH / GROWTH
- Review twice a year.
- Grow the team across the different key functions (customer service, marketing, content, logistics, etc.)
- Freedom to choose the expertise / function you enjoy the most within the company and become a manager within the next 1-2 years.
We are looking for someone who is excited about digital wellbeing and feels the need to change the narrative of the current social media / Ai / Algorithm led situation. Tech is great but we need to reclaim our human time.
- Motivated by our mission to increase people’s human time and passionate about making an impact and building a career in the digital wellbeing movement / industry.
- You are team player and you are not scared of helping with any task even if it’s outside your scope. You put the team over the individual needs.
- You are comfortable with a distributed/remote team situation.
- Positive, energetic, enthusiastic.
- Strategic, with a good vision of how your work contributes to the overall success of the business.
- 1-3 years ecommerce or digital marketing experience, preferably working on an online store or ecommerce brand.
- Worked previously in an online startup or small organization.
- Good knowledge of the Shopify platform / experience working with it.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools and content creation.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Technical knowledge and problem-solving skills related to: Customer service, logistics & fulfillment and marketing.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Target driven and problem-solving oriented.
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable nature.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.