No Phones - Phubbing Bands for Classrooms
////// This item is SOLD OUT right now but you can drop us note firstname.lastname@example.org if you need samples or you are interested in placing a custom order for your school //////
6 Relevant REASONS to buy from us (In addition to secure checkout, 100% satisfaction guarantee, fast delivery and easy returns)
We are calling mindful teachers around the country to join us for a very important cause: Improving students' attention in the classroom. They are the future, we are the present and we have a common enemy: "Phubbing".
“Phubbing” —the habit of snubbing someone in favor of a mobile phone —may not be part of our everyday vocabulary, but it’s certainly part of our everyday life. How often, a great potential conversation turned into a superficial one because a friend, a family member, a colleague or yourself, pulled out a smartphone and decided that social media was more interesting?
This new phenomenon may seem relatively harmless, but research shows that it may be hurting our relationships and causing attention and focus problems, especially in the classrooms.
- Simple to use yet effective.
- Affordable, especially for teachers (60% off discount). Digital Wellness shouldn't be a luxury.
- Gamification element. It's like playing a game in the classroom.
- One fits all. The material is stretchable and expands easily to fit any phone.
- Non-intrusive. It doesn't take any space in the classroom.
- Non-invasive. Students stay happy as they still keep their phones. Phones are not placed away. This increases implementation success and students' acceptance.
- Digital and tech - free (no apps).
- Clear messaging and purpose ("Look Up").
Free Bonuses on us:
- Complimentary Report with digital wellness tips to raise awareness of the topic among students (17 Experts share their tips and vision).
- Free "Look Up" Phone Lock Screen for all your students.
- Smartphone Addiction Trivia template to play and learn about the topic in class.
- Mindful Gift: A original Bagby (sleeping bag for your phone) so you can disconnect at home after a busy day at the school (when order 25 or more bands).
- Students check their phones in the classroom an average of more than 11 times a day, spending up to 20% of their in-class time texting, emailing, and checking social media (Oxford Learning, 2019)
- Top technology leaders like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates among other confirmed they've restricted or limited their children's screen time (New York Times, 2017)
- Smartphones are causing ADHD-Like symptoms in adults (2016, Silence your phones: University of British of Columbia).
- Smartphones have been banned in French schools — and more than half of British parents want the same here (The Sun, 2018).
- Current researches have estimated that 100% of university students have their own mobile phones and all of them bring their devices to the courses.
We are not against technology and smartphones but we want to create solutions that don't necessarily add more tech to the equation.
How to use:
- Select quantity (number of students) and we will send you half in turquoise pastel + half in blue pastel color.
- When your class is about to start and students are coming in, ask them to mindfully grab one phubbing band.
- Simply ask them to put the phubbing band around their phones and they will start paying more attention.
- Keep or give away the bands so students can use it anywhere, anytime.
Approx Size. It fits any phone as the material is stretchable and expandable.
Material: Eco-friendly and stretchable silicone.
Order 25 or more bands and we will include a Bagby (sleeping bag for your phone) so you can disconnect at home after a busy day at the school. This is a little treat for YOU because we are thankful for all the TEACHERS out there working hard to give us a brighter and more human future. (Value: $16.95)
//// Do you need a custom design? Send us a note here. ////