Have you lost faith in tech-companies to make this world a better place? Let’s be honest, all these tech companies have made our lives easier but all this convenience has also brought crazy levels of stress, low self-esteem, polarization and other mental, physical and social issues. Should our lives be running by an algorithm created with the only goal of fighting for our attention and increasing profits?
At Bagby, we believe there is a more HUMAN way to overcome the current overwhelming technology and digital dependency (Digital Wellness With a Human Soul).
We want to solve the problem by creating beautifully crafted and digital-free solutions (no more apps) that help us disconnect from our devices. Our solutions are reminders that real connections start the moment we put our smartphones away and we proudly celebrate that.
Our mission is to decrease people's screen time while increasing their HUMAN time.
We’re a mission-driven company, inspired every day by the impact we make in people's lives as we help them improve their relationship with their digital devices.
We are growing quickly and updating our brand direction so we are looking for the right people to enjoy this journey with us.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing & Ecommerce Specialist to lead our digital communications efforts, develop our community of influencers (Digital Detox Heroes) and manage our ecommerce assets. You will work hand in hand with the founding team and will be influential in shaping our business strategy and ensuring we are engaging with the right audience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administrating and managing our ecommerce platforms (Shopify and Etsy) and social media assets and publishing content to support our marketing campaigns. TikTok is the biggest focus!
- Developing and executing the digital strategy for our organization. You’ll be responsible for planning, building, and implementing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels and platforms. You will use organic search campaigns, paid advertising, email marketing, social media, and other channels to increase awareness about your company, brand, products, and services.
- Running and developing our growing Digital Detox Heroes community. A new TRIBE of individuals who have taken it upon themselves to unplug and inspired others to follow. You, too, can start the change we need in this Instagram-driven society and switch the narrative to a mindful and more human use of technology. https://bagby.co/pages/digital-detox-heroes
- Leading our ambassador / affiliate program to generate additional revenue. https://bagby.co/pages/collaborators
- Helping and supporting our rebranding efforts with a focus on marketing Gen-Z.
- Preparing newsletters and email campaigns for key dates.
- Identifying social media trends, community engagement and earned media opportunities to create viral content (reels, remix, etc.)
- Whilst not core to the role, you may also have the skills / potential to manage any of our custom branding projects for other organizations.
Tools to be used:
Shopify, Canva, Etsy, PageFly, Office Suite, Dovetale, TikTok, Trello, Slack.
- Competitive compensation for a part-time role.
- Additional bonus (performance, company profit share, custom projects).
- 100% remote.
- Flexible working.
- Unlimited paid leave.
- Half day Fridays (Laptops, phones shut down by 1pm)
- International growing team.
- Work hand in hand with the founding team.
- Working on a “real” environment where your decisions and actions can make an impact. This is not corporate America.
- Be part of a human-first cause and make a positive impact in our tech-driven society.
We’re accepting applications and interviewing for this position throughout February and March 2023. Ideally, the ideal person would be able to start in mid March/April 2023. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Bagby is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do terrific work and be proud of what you’re working on.
CAREER PATH / GROWTH
- Review twice a year.
- Become a full-time member within 9-12 months
- Promotion to "Digital Marketing Manager".
We are looking for someone who is excited about digital wellbeing and feels the need to change the narrative of the current social media / Ai / Algorithm led situation. Tech is great but we need to reclaim our human time.
- Motivated by our mission to increase people’s human time and passionate about making an impact and building a career in the digital wellbeing movement / industry.
- A "Doer" with strategic vision of how your work contributes to the overall success of the business.
- A creative mind who loves digital marketing and believes in the power of peer recommendations and influencer marketing.
- You are team player and you are not scared of helping with any task even if it’s outside your scope. You put the team over the individual needs.
- You are comfortable with a remote team situation.
- Positive, energetic, enthusiastic.
- Ideally 2-3 years of overall digital marketing experience, preferably working on an online store or ecommerce brand.
- 1 year experience running digital / social media ads (Google Shopping, Meta, TikTok, etc.)
- 1-2 years experience on social media and influencer engagement.
- Worked previously in an online startup or small organization.
- Knowledge of Shopify suite (ecommerce, email automations, payments, collabs, etc.)
- Technical knowledge and problem-solving skills related to: Content, Marketing & Influencer engagement.
- Target driven and problem-solving oriented.
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable nature.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.